Cooperative Principle #7 – Concern for Community:
Canadian Valley Electric Cooperative, it’s board, employees, and members are proud to announce that we are continuing our commitment to follow the Seven Cooperative Principles. In this particular instance, we are partnering with CoBank to following cooperative principle number seven in order to build more vibrant rural communities and share success:
We are allocating funds in cooperation with CoBank’s Sharing Success Program to be awarded to up to 3 Nonprofit organizations in our service territory. The total amount of the gifts will be up to $10,000.00. ($5,000.00 from CVEC to be matched equally by CoBank) Organizations will be chosen based on the application and at the discretion of the CVEC Foundation Board. We could not be prouder to continue to truly serve the communities we serve daily with electricity!
- Organizations must reside within the geographical boundaries of CVEC’s service territory, but are not required to be members of or served by CVEC.
- Interested organizations must complete the application in its entirety and submit by the associated deadline.
- A copy of the organization or charity’s IRS 501(c)(3) tax exemption must be included with the application. If the applying organization is not a 501(c)(3), please submit the organization’s TIN (taxpayer identification number), also referred to as an EIN (employer identification number).
- All funds are contingent upon availability (even after winners are selected by the CVEC Board of Trustees) of matching funds from CoBank.
- Winners of the CVEC applications will be notified byMonday, July 2nd, 2018.
- Timelines and contact information are included on the application, but any questions can be directed to Jarrod VanZant at CVEC by calling 405-382-3680 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org